Wanderer (W) by Shabby Blogs

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Begining of a Journey

For years I have dreamed of going on a mission trip. With your help, that can become a reality. I have the opportunity to go on a mission trip to the Bahamas this summer.  When I learned of the opportunity, I talked with my parents, and they said I can go on this mission trip if I can raise the money. I will need at least $1000 for the mission trip. I was wondering where I was going to start. How was I going to get enough money to open banking an account? Was this really possible?
Several weeks ago I was given a significant donation for the Bahamas mission trip by a family in a local homeschool community who had heard of my need! I knew then that paying for this mission trip would be possible. God would provide me with the people, money, and donations that are needed. I know this mission trip is possible because Phil 4:13 says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” It’s not me who will be raising the money, it’s God through me. We are not raising the money for me; we are raising the money so I can serve Him. It’s God and me together, but really, it’s God, you and me. By supporting the mission trip, you yourself are, in a way, on the mission trip. Your prayers and money will help me to serve God and others.
I have decided to have 1 Peter 4:10-11 as my key verses for this mission trip:
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.
I think it’s the perfect verse for this mission trip. We all have different gifts. I have the gift of an opportunity to serve on a mission trip and bring glory to God through that trip. What gifts do you have to bring glory to God?
God Bless,
Rachel McCausland

No comments:

Post a Comment